Everybody is getting back in the dating scene.
Previously on YAMS… episode 8 recap
Xiao Xiao is in disbelief that Yuan Feng’s supposed girlfriend is Yi Mei. She tells Yuan Feng that Yi Mei is secretly in love with someone for all these years, but doesn’t specify who. She also recommends an accessory – qi cai hua (seven color flower) for Yi Mei, but he says it’s not good enough. However, he ends up buying one anyway.
Some gangsters come to Treasure to look for Wen Ming because of her ex-husband’s debt. Even though they are already divorced, the gangsters claim her ex-husband told them Wen Ming has a lot of money. They create a mess and Xiao Hong gets injured in the middle of it all.
Meanwhile, Yi Chen is at dinner with his two partners as they tease him about having a girlfriend and what not. Just then, Yi Mei calls to let Yi Chen know about the situation at Treasure. She asks Yi Chen to go to the hospital to see if he can help and mentions that there are a couple of employees who also got hurt. Yi Chen hears this and immediately calls Mo Sheng, but she left her phone at work. A worried Yi Chen dashes to the hospital.
Yi Chen goes to see Mo Sheng to make sure she is ok, but pretends to be looking for Wen Ming. Yi Chen agrees to help out Wen Ming with her case, but excuses himself when he sees Mo Sheng around the corner.
Yi Chen invites Mo Sheng to dinner, but she says she ate already and his excuses is that he has not eaten yet. They walk down the corridor and Yi Chen pulls out the moves to “save” her from getting hit by a patient bed. The nurse reminds him to take care of his “girlfriend.” He then reaches out his hand and Mo Sheng takes it! Yi Mei arrives at the hospital just in time to witness this.
Yi Chen and Mo Sheng go to a small street shop to have seafood. Mo Sheng has trouble unpeeling shrimp and Yi Chen takes over by peeling them for her. So cute! My heart is like exploding.
And the cuteness continues! The next day, Yi Chen waits for Mo Sheng at a restaurant near Treasure, but he hears from Wen Ming that Mo Sheng is actually in the studio that day. Yi Chen goes to the studio to see Mo Sheng, but she is working. Later, her model tells her that a handsome man was staring at her. She doesn’t believe the model, but looks over to the corner longingly to find no Yi Chen.
No worries! Yi Chen has not left. Instead, he is just waiting for her downstairs. He comments that this is the first time she has seen her in a work setting; it is both unfamiliar and refreshing at the same time. He takes Mo Sheng to Professor Zhou’s house.
Professor Zhou asks Yi Chen if he is interested in coming back to the university to guest teach from time to time, starting with electives first. Before Yi Chen can answer, Professor Zhou asks Mo Sheng how did they make long distance relationship work. Yi Chen cracks a funny half smile and answers that once they get busy it all feels easy.
To avoid further questioning, Mo Sheng hides in the kitchen doing dishes with Mrs. Zhou. Mrs. Zhou mentions Yi Shi, the city Mo Sheng and Yi Chen are both from and this makes Mo Sheng remember her father and the last time she saw him at the airport. Apparently he sent her to the U.S. pretty suddenly all under the pretense of a holiday, promising to join her in a week. However, pretty soon after she arrives in the States, her father commits suicide and she is barred from going back to China for at least three years per her father’s request. Her mom also doesn’t really want to see her at all.
Yi Mei goes home after finishing up at work, but just as she unlocks her car some random dude jumps into the front seat. This guy offers to drive her home, but when she declines, he asks her to give him a price because “being a woman, you must have a price.” Ew gross.
Yuan Feng to the rescue AGAIN! He comes in the nick of time and gives that creeper a good beating. Right afterwards, Yuan Feng confesses that he wants to pursue her and pulls out the gift he bought.
Worthy of Note:
- Xiao Hong gets treated by her doctor boyfriend from the blind date. The other doctor who is interested in Mo Sheng is also there and asks Mo Sheng out, but she rejects. Yi Chen overhears and I bet his heart is totally relieved. Hehe.
- Yi Chen finds out that Mo Sheng went on the blind date last time because of Xiao Hong and warns her not to do anything this stupid ever again.
- A super sad Yi Mei cries on a hospital bench after seeing Yi Chen and Mo Sheng hold hands. But Yuan Feng to the rescue!
- Mo Sheng drops a teacup at the Zhous’, and Yi Chen rushes to the kitchen. Mo Sheng apologies for causing Yi Chen to lose face, but he replies that he is used to it. ^^;;
- Mo Sheng can’t decide between which tea set to buy in replacement of the ones she broke because one set is exactly the same as the Zhous’, but she likes the other better. Yi Chen says to buy both, one for the Zhous, and another to keep for future use. Is he hinting at something???
- Yi Chen asks the receptionist to order cake and Hong Kong style snacks for the team which surprises everyone. Lawyer Yuan even asks if there is poison in the food. LOL.
- Professor Zhou calls Yi Chen to invite him AND Mo Sheng over for dinner again and Yi Mei overhears. She learns that Professor Zhou saw the couple on campus one day.