Pssstt, the recap for episode 1 is up!
- Jo In Sung as Jang Jae Yul
- Gong Hyo Jin as Ji Hae Soo
- Sung Dong Il as Jo Dong Min
- Lee Kwang Soo as Park Soo Kwang
- 16 episodes
- Original run: July 23, 2014 – September 11, 2014
Jang Jae Yul is a successful, famous and handsome mystery writer who takes a special interest in Ji Hae Soo, a first year psychiatrist he met at a talk show. Soon after Jae Yul moves into a house shared by Hae Soo and her two roommates, Jo Dong Min, a divorced senior psychiatrist and Park Soo Kwang, a patient who suffers from Tourett’s syndrome. Will romance blossom between Jae Yul and Hae Soo under such strange circumstances? Will Hae Soo be able to cure Jae Yul’s obsessive compulsive disorder? Only time will tell!
What a breath of fresh air! After the the recent dragging introductions used by Trot Lovers, Fated to Love You (Korean Version) and to some extent in Marriage, Not Dating, we have FINALLY got to a show that gets it moving right away. It was so fast paced that it even introduced a 26 months time jump in the first 15 minutes of episode 1. We don’t waste any time watching the two main characters get together because they cross path pretty much immediately, and the rest of the episode focuses on the interactions between the two of them. The script does not employ the common strategy of a misunderstanding between the two, and does not weave some completely unfathomable story line to get them together.
What I really enjoyed was the way the show introduced characters through showing, not telling. We don’t really know the relationships between the characters yet, but we can sort of guess where they stand with one another through the way they behave. Aside from the great cast, the story already started off with a hook in the first two scenes with the crossing of a character just released from prison and those attending a pool party. To top that off, the first episode ends with an epic car chase and both main characters unconscious in the middle of a cornflower field. (WHAT?)
And plus – the music is AMAZING. I would watch it just to hear the soundtrack if they keep it up! It’s that good.
Should you watch it? I would say YES! Check out the episode 1 recap when you are ready!
For now, enjoy these promotional photos!
This & That:
- Jo In Sung recently starred in popular melodrama That Winter, The Wind Blows with Jung Eun Ji who is currently in Trot Lovers. Jo In Sung has also been dating Kim Min Hee since early 2013.
- Gong Hyo Jin was in the 2013 mega hit Master’s Sun, a horror-romantic comedy penned by the famous Hong Sisters. She starred opposite So Ji Sub.
- Sung Dong Il was the famous dad in tvNs’ Reply 1997 and its similarly successful spin off Reply 1994.
- If you are into Korean variety show you must know Lee Kwang Soo, one of the regular cast members of Running Man. His new film, Confession just premiered on July 10th.
- D.O of Korean boyband EXO is also featured in this show.